With the Major League Baseball season half over, 2007 looks like it's going to be a season of some major individual milestones:
- Sammie Sosa, Texas Rangers, has become the fifth person to reach 600 home runs
- Craig Biggio has reached and passed the 3,000 hits club. Notably all of his MLB games have been played for the Houston Astros.
- Roger Clements has won his 350th game.
- Tom Glavine needs just three wins to enter the 300 club.
- With two more saves Mariano Rivera will reach 425 saves and claim the third most saves all time.
- Barry Bonds will pass Hank Aaron as the all-time home run king. If the pitchers pitch to him he could get the five HRs he needs any time.
- Alex Rodriguez needs eight home runs for 500. With twenty-eight so far A-Rod should reach this in July or August.
- Ken Griffey Junior needs sixteen home runs to reach six hundred.
- Jose Mesa needs just seven appearances to make his 1,000 caree appearance.
- Barry Bonds may appear in his 3,000 game. He has 2,934 going into today. Depending on days off he could reach 3,000 in September.
- Jim Thome needs sixteen home runs to reach 500. As of today he has 484. He needs to pick up the pace a bit. He's only had twelve home runs this year.
- Garry Sheffeld has 574 home runs. Twenty-six for the rest of the year is a bit of a stetch, he has nineteen so far.
- Randy Johnson went back on the DL so 300 wins appears unlikely this season but should be a lock if he returns for 2008. Currently he has 284 wins.
Everyone have a nice, good day! Let's play two! - tfedge